Field Hockey | October 14, 2021
PHILADELPHIA – After a break of nearly two weeks, La Salle field hockey (5-7, 2-2 A-10) will be back in action this week when they head to North Carolina to take on Davidson on Friday, Oct. 15 and Appalachian State on Sunday, Oct. 17.
SCOUTING THE EXPLORERS:
- Friday’s game with Davidson will end a 12-day break for the Explorers, whose last scheduled game against Lock Haven was forfeited, giving La Salle their second conference win of the season.
- The Explorer offense enters the weekend averaging 2.17 goals per game, the third-best mark in the A-10.
- Sophomore Tatum Johnson leads the La Salle attack with 19 points, while freshman Sofia Pla follows with 17 points including a team-high eight goals.
- In goal, sophomore Ryan Curley (5-7) leads the A-10 with 79 total saves, stopping shots at a 0.738 clip.
- 16 different Explorers have tallied at least one point through 12 games, while 16 different Explorers have made starts for the deep La Salle lineup.
- On defense, senior Tori Wright, freshman Grace Ferriolo, junior Emma Holzman, and Pla have handled the majority of the minutes for the Explorers, helping lead the Explorers to two shutout wins while conceding a shot percentage of just 0.156.
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS:
- Davidson enters the weekend with a record of 2-10, including 0-3 in Atlantic 10 conference play.
- This past weekend, the Wildcats fell on the road at VCU before losing to Longwood in Farmville, Va. Davidson was outscored 9-0 in those two contests.
- Natalie Naticchia leads the Davidson offense with seven points, while Macy Curtis has tallied six points in 12 games.
- Goalkeepers Genne Barge and Cato Roell have split time in cage for the Wildcats, allowing 4.16 goals per game with a combined save percentage of 0.592.
SCOUTING THE MOUNTAINEERS:
- App State enters the weekend with a record of 5-5, including 2-2 in the Mid-American Conference.
- The Mountaineers were victorious their last time out, beating Bellarmine 4-2.
- App State has averaged 2.00 goals per game, while conceding just 1.90 per contest.
- Pauline Mangold leads the squad with 10 points on three goals and four assists, while Sarah Farrell has tallied nine points in 10 games.
- Addie Clark (5-4) has received the lion’s share of work in goal, making 55 saves while allowing 1.83 goals per game.