Looking for a great free exhibition to visit in October 2021? Paris is filled with beautiful installations in small galleries, exceptional temporary locations, museums, and even on the streets. Just follow this guide!
Yes, there are free exhibitions in Paris, and they are more abundant than you might think! Museums, art galleries, virtual exhibitions, or street art, all you have to do is look. To make it easier for you, we have compiled this handy guide that will fill your schedule with outings.
With special events and must-see attractions, there is plenty to explore and enjoy in Paris without spending a dime.
Free artistic events this month:
- Free museums and monuments on Sunday, November 7, 2021, in Paris: Which free museum to visit in Paris on the first Sunday of the month, Sunday, November 7, 2021? Centre Pompidou, Musée du Quai Branly, Musée de l’Orangerie, Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine – plenty to discover!
- Free evening at the Bourse de Commerce on Saturday, November 6, 2021: Want to visit the collections at the Bourse de Commerce? Take advantage of the free evening on Saturday, November 6, 2021, to discover this new essential art venue in Paris.
- Nuit Blanche in Paris and Île-de-France 2021, the program: Nuit Blanche 2021 in Paris and the Paris region is scheduled for October 2, 2021. With 200 free events spread over 4 routes, this 20th edition promises exciting discoveries. Interestingly, this year’s theme focuses on sports, featuring sports performances, artistic displays, and large walks around Paris. We’ll give you our recommendations!
- Pass Malin, a free card for discounted outings and good deals in the west of Paris: Sponsored – Hauts-de-Seine and Yvelines are full of tourist sites and recreational activities. Take advantage of autumn to (re)discover them with the free Pass Malin, available for download at passmalin.fr!
- Science Festival 2021: the program in Paris: The Science Festival returns from October 1 to 11, 2021, for its 30th edition! The principle? A week dedicated to scientific culture with numerous free events throughout France. Experiments, shows, open houses, visits, and various workshops, open to all and suitable for children, await you in every corner of Paris.
- The wrapped Arc de Triomphe, tribute to Christo, disappears on Sunday, October 3: The wrapping of the Arc de Triomphe by artist Christo could be admired from September 18 to October 3, 2021. The monumental work concealed the Parisian landmark with 25,000 square meters of recyclable silver-blue polypropylene fabric and 7,000 meters of red rope. This operation was carried out in close collaboration with the Centre Pompidou and the Centre des Monuments Nationaux. Despite the artist’s passing in May 2020, the performance was maintained.
- Open Studio Days for Artists 2021 in Montreuil: The city of Montreuil is organizing, as every year, the Open Studio Days for Artists (POAA) from October 8 to 10, 2021. For its 23rd edition, 800 artists are opening their studios to visitors and art enthusiasts.
- Biennale de Paname 2021: Free contemporary art for all in Saint-Ouen (93): From October 21 to November 11, 2021, head to the Biennale de Paname at the Grand Parc de Saint-Ouen in the 93. Organized
- At the School of Sport, the outdoor photo exhibition at Bercy Village
The whole of Paris is buzzing with the rhythm of the Tokyo Olympics: even the walls at Bercy Village unveil great moments of sport! Discover the photo exhibition “At the School of Sport,” from June 26 to October 10, 2021, free of charge. [Read more]Les Extatiques 2021: Outdoor Nuit Blanche at La Défense and La Seine Musicale
Les Extatiques, the monumental outdoor exhibition at La Défense, returns for its 4th edition from June 24 to October 3, 2021. Once again, you can enjoy stunning installations between La Défense and the gardens of La Seine Musicale. On the night of October 2 to 3, rediscover this exhibition during Nuit Blanche. [Read more]
Martin Margiela, the exhibition at Lafayette Anticipations
Art and fashion enthusiasts come together at the Lafayette Anticipations Foundation to discover an exhibition featuring the works of Martin Margiela from October 20, 2021, to January 2, 2022. This exhibition focuses on Martin Margiela as an artist rather than a fashion designer. [Read more]
Augustin Rouart, the exhibition at Petit Palais – our photos
Petit Palais highlights the Rouart donation, a rich collection of paintings from the Rouart family. From June 1 to October 10, come and admire the exhibition “Augustin Rouart: Painting as Inheritance.” [Read more]
Exhibition “La Rue, La Rue, La Rue” at Goldshteyn-Saatort gallery – extended
Goldshteyn-Saatort gallery invites street art enthusiasts to discover their latest exhibition, “La Rue, La Rue, La Rue,” from June 5 to November 1, 2021. It offers a unique immersion into urban art and its expressive domain. [Read more]
Fake News, the disturbing free exhibition to see at Fondation EDF
An exhibition on fake news, they dared! In the gallery of Fondation EDF, in the heart of Paris, an expo explores the history of false information and the risks of deep fakes, false news, and their propagation on the internet. It features 20 artworks by artists and 30 editorial cartoons. Learn how to create a fake documentary about explosions, false reports, or how social media fuels passions. The exhibition is suitable for children from 10 years old. No excuses to discover it from May 27, 2021, to January 30, 2022, as it is free!